** Best Home USB Studio Monitor Speakers in 2020 :**
Quality of the Studio Monitor speakers is really important if you are going to set-up a recording studio. Not only for a recording studio, you can even use them for listening to music as a computer speaker.
USB connected monitors take the audio digital signal via USB and convert it internally using a digital to analogue audio converter. They are categorized into two types: Near field monitors and far-field monitors. Near field monitors can be placed near to your ear, these are recommended for home use. The Monitor speakers are good for mixing and mastering tracks also. Some peoples recommend to use headphones for mixing tracks, but you can also use monitor speakers for this task.
After doing a lot of research, we have picked out the top 10 USB studio monitor speakers in 2019. Go through the list and let us know if any product is missed or any other queries :
|name||woofer||tweeter and weight||link|
|Samson MediaOne BT3||3-inch Copolymer||1-inch silk-dome w: 9.2 pounds|
|Rockville ASM5||Graphite Composite Cone||1” Soft Dome w:15.4 pounds|
|Edifier R1280T||N/A||N/A w:10.8 pounds|
|Alesis M1 Active||3 inch||1-inch silk dome w:7.5 lbs|
|PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way||N/A||N/A w:17 pounds|
|Adam Audio A7X||100W PWM amp 7||X-ART w:20.3 pounds|
|Yamaha HS5||5 inch cone||1 inch dome w:35 pounds|
|Yamaha HS8||8 inch cone||1 inch dome w:56 pounds|
|KRK RP5G3-NA Studio Monitor||glass-Aramid||1 inch soft-dome w:33 pounds|
9. Samson MediaOne BT3 Active Studio Monitors :
Samsone’s MediaOne BT3 Active are Bluetooth enabled studio monitors that can be connected to any Bluetooth enabled devices like laptop, smartphone or tablets. One 3.5 mm stereo input port is also available for connecting other wired gadgets like an MP3 player, guitar or keyboard. Even you can also connect your headphones to these speakers and listen to songs on headphones. These monitors can produce 15 watts per channel RMS and 30 watts of full range audio. Overall BT3 Active studio monitors can be used for any purpose: music mixing, producing, playing games, watching movies etc.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 3-inch copolymer woofers, 1-inch silk dome tweeters
- 15 watts per channel RMS, 30 watts per channel Peak
- Front panel LED indicator, level control
- Headphone output, 3.5 mm stereo input
- Included speakers cable
8. Rockville ASM5 5” 2-Way 200W Active/Powered USB Studio Monitor :
The Rockville ASM-5 studio monitors are affordable USB monitors capable of providing high-quality outputs. It is designed to eliminate high-frequency diffraction. ASM-5 features rear-firing ports for providing enhanced bass coupling. It also uses magnetic ferrofluid as cooling liquid for the tweeters. Each woofer and tweeter features own frequency optimized amplifier, so amplification is provided with minimum distortion and without wasting too much energy. Frequency response is 49Hz - 21 kHz.
- Each woofer and tweeter features their own Frequency optimized amplifier
- Full range class D amplifier
- Ferro Fluid is used as cooler for 1” Neodymium Soft Dome Tweeter
- 49Hz - 21 kHz frequency response
- 30dB to +6dB system volume
- 4dB, -2dB, 0, +2dB equalization adjustment
7. Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers - 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors - Studio Monitor Speaker:
These speakers have a retro look with a modern sense of audio quality and work with all devices with AUX and RCA connection devices. R1280T One of these speakers is a passive speaker and one is an active speaker. The active speaker has two inputs located on the back. You can easily connect it to a PC, tablet, laptop or any device via RCA or AUX connection. 100-240V input voltage is required to operate. With its built-in tone control, you can change the bass and treble from -6 to +6 dB. With these speakers, you will also get one speaker cable, RCA to RCA cable, AUX to RCA cable and one remote control.
- retro wood case look and grey speaker grills
- AUX or RCA connection
- 100-240v full range voltage input
- Include speaker wire between two speakers
- 8’ standard speaker cable,4’ RCA to RCA cable,4’ AUX (3.5mm) to RCA cable and one remote control
6. Alesis M1 Active 320 USB | Full-Range Studio Monitor Desktop Speakers :
M1 Active 320 USB is a Studio monitor Desktop speaker with a base boost switch. It has a really good audio quality, best for mixing and producing tracks. It also has 1/4 and 1/8 inch RCA inputs: that can be used to connect your computer speaker and microphones to record audio. You can directly connect the USB cable to the computer and start recording and listening audio you want. It also works with Apple iPad via USB adapter, but you need to buy this adapter separately. The woofer is 3 inches magnetically- shielded polypropylene cone with rubber surround and Twitter is 1-inch silk dome.
- Extra accessories included: power cable, speaker cable, 1/8 inch cable, manual and one safety and warranty information guide
- 80 Hz – 20,000 Hz frequency response
- 10 W per channel RMS
- USB 1.1 audio interface
- 16-Bit / 48 kHz recording ,playback and 1/4” plugs and standard RCA jacks
5. PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Powered Studio Monitors (Pair) :
Eris E4.5- e-way powered studio monitors can deliver amazing music quality . These monitors are good for use with a home computer because of their compact size. It is equipped with 4.5-inch Kevlar low frequency transducers; 1-inch, low-mass, silk-dome tweeters; responsive 25W Class AB amplificationon each speaker and professional acoustic-adjustment controls. E4.5 controls can simulate different listening environments and different frequency responses , which is great for mixing musics. Overall these are pretty awesome studio monitors which can be used either for mixing, producing music or simply for listening songs.
- 4.5 inch kevlar low frequency transducer
- Acoustic tuning controls for different settings
- 50 watt Class AB amplification (25w/side)
- 100 db maximum continuous SPL
4. Adam Audio A7X Powered Studio Monitor :
Adam Audio A7X is a near field studio monitor. This Studio monitor is powered by a X-ART or extended frequency response Twitter. X-ART twitter has a higher efficiency and a higher maximum sound pressure level. Also, it has a frequency response of 50 kHz. It also has a newly designed 7 midwoofer , designed with a much bigger voice coil ( 1.5 ). Each has its own dedicated amplifier : a 50W A/B amp for the X-ART tweeter and a 100W PWM (pulse width modulation) amp for the midwoofer. It has both XLR(balanced) and RCA(unbalanced) connectors.
- Near field monitor
- 2-way driver : 7 inch mid-frequency driver and 2 inch full-range driver
- 42Hz to 50kHz max
- XLR, RCA connection
3. Yamaha HS5 Powered Bi-Amplified Studio Monitor (PAIR) :
This HS5 Powered Bi-Amplified Studio monitor has 70W of total output and it is equipped with a 5 inch woofer and a 1 inch tweeter . The HS5 can take both balanced and unbalanced signal with its XLR and 1/4 TRS inputs. These speakers are designed to give an optimum response in any room with its ROOM CONTROL, MID EQ and HIGH TRIM response control switches. e.g. the ROOM CONTROL switch can be used to remove the unwanted low end exaggeration that occurs when speakers are placed near to walls or corners.
- 2-way bi-amp powered studio monitors
- Frequency range (-10dB) 54Hz - 30kHz
- 5 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome tweeter
- Output power 70W (LF:45W, HF:25W)
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs for balanced and unbalanced signal
2. Yamaha HS8 Powered Studio Monitor Bundle :
HS8 powered studio monitor is a newly designed HS series monitor with bi-amplified drivers that will help you to make better recording and mixing tracks.HS8 uses high performance drivers and a sophisticated mounting system : a specially designed mounting ring that eliminate unwanted vibration and resonance sounds. Powered by a 8 inch cone woofer and a 1 inch dome tweeter, it uses advanced magnetic circuit design which helps it to provide smooth response over a wider frequency range. Like other HS series monitors, HS8 can also give an optimum response in any room . Its room control and high-trim response control let you tailor your monitors to your room.
- 8 inch cone woofer and 1 inch dome tweeter
- 75W LF plus 45W HF bi-amp system
- Frequency response : 38Hz - 30kHz
- Advanced magnetic circuit design
- This bundle includes two monitors and two monitor stands
1. KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor - Pair :
In our second place, we have KRK’s Rokit 5 Generation 3 powered studio monitor powered by 1 inch soft dome tweeter and a 5 inch glass-Aramid composite woofer. This system is good for professional recording, mixing and playback. It can deliver high frequency upto 35 kHz and the bi-amped class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 106dB. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling to allow flexible positioning in the room and the surface reduces diffraction distortion. Overall, the ROKIT 5 is a high valuable compact Studio monitor.
- Pair of KRK RP5G3-NA Rokit 5 Generation 3 Powered Studio Monitor
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier
- Frequency response: 45 Hz – 35 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Max peak SPL 106 dB
- 1 inch soft dome tweeter