Best MicroSD Cards in 2020 :
Nowadays, microSD cards are used in most of the gadgets like camera, smartphone or even on laptops. Capacity is important but you should always check for the speed of a microSD card or any memory card before going to buy. Shooting a 4K video or running high-end games on slow memory cards can push them too far.
How much storage is enough? It totally depends on your device you are going to use the microSD card. Older devices can support microSDHC cards(maximum capacity of 32GB) and the newest device supports microSDHC and microSDXC ( 32GB to 256GB ) cards. So, before buying a card, check for the capacity of your device.
What is the speed of a card? MicroSD cards are categorized into different speed classes i.e. minimum writing speed of a card. These are class 4, class 6, class 10, U1 and U3. “U” stands for “Ultra-High-Speed”. class 4 has a minimum writing speed of 4 MB/s, class 6 has 6 MB/s, class 10 has 10 MB/s, U1 has 10 MB/s and U3 has 30 MB/s. Also, cards have video ratings from V6 to V90 with speed from 6 MB/s to 90 MB/s .U3 or V60 and above cards are recommended for 4K video cameras. Other than these ratings, some cards also have one A1 rating marked on top. This means that they are suitable for running apps and games on smartphones. These type of cards claim to have a minimum of 10 MB/s.
Below, we have compiled a list of best microSD cards available currently. First, check what your device supports and then buy it according to your needs : (please disable your adblocker to view the prices)
|Name||Capacity||Transfer Speed (r/w)||Link|
|SanDisk High Endurance||32/64 GB||20 MB/s|
|Kingston Digital microSDHC/microSDXC||64 GB||45 MB/s / 10 MB/s|
|Lexar Professional Class 10||64 GB||150 MB/s|
|Patriot LX Series||200 GB||90 MB/s|
|Sony class 10||8/16/32 GB||40 MB/s|
|Samsung EVO Select||64 GB||80 MB/s / 20 MB/s|
|Samsung EVO Class 10||128 GB||48 MB/s|
|SanDisk Extreme||64 GB||90 MB/s / 60 MB/s|
|Samsung Pro Select||128 GB||95 MB/s(r) / 90 MB/s(w)|
|Samsung EVO+||256 GB||95 MB/s(r) / 90 MB/s(w)|
**10. SanDisk High Endurance Video Monitoring Card : **
This microSD card is great for Video monitoring cameras with a capacity of 10000 hours of full HD video recording ( for 64 GB model).Shockproof, WaterProof and X-RayProof, this card is a best for your home monitoring system or dashboard camera. With its included SD card adapter, it will work on all cameras even it doesn’t have microSD support ( microSDHC or microSDXC compatible system). The SanDisk high endurance monitoring card can read/write with a speed of up to 20 MB/s. This card is available in 32 GB and 64 GB. One more thing, with the card, you will get RescuePRO easy file recovery deluxe software which makes it easy to recover deleted files. You can use this software by connecting the card to your computer.
- Shock Proof, Water Proof and X-ray proof.
- Writing speed upto 20 MB/s
- Comes with an SD card adapter
9. Kingston Digital 64GB microSDHC/microSDXC Class 10 :
Kingston’s microSDHC/microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I card has 45 MB/s read and 10 MB/s writing speed. This card is best for HD picture/video cameras. For taking continuous shots or for a 1080p video, it will have lower buffer time as compared to a Class 4 card. For SDHC/SDXC devices, you can use it using an adapter. It is waterproof, temperature proof, shock/vibration proof and x-ray proof. So, don’t worry about losing your data in harsh environments. Aditionaly, you will also get a lifetime warranty for this card.
- Good speed 45 MB/s reading and 10 MB/s writing
- waterproof, temperature proof, shock/vibration proof and x-ray proof
- Lifetime warranty
8. Lexar Professional 64 GB Class 10 High Performance 1000x microSDXC UHS-II :
With UHS-II technology ( U3 ), this card can deliver a read transfer speed up to 150 MB/s.This card is compatible with UHS-I devices. With this microSD card, you will get one SD UHS-II Card Reader that can be used to connect it with a laptop with a USB 3.0 port. This card is great for taking 1080p full HD, 3D and 4K videos. You can also use it with your tablet or mobile phone to get a better result while downloading/saving your media files. This card includes an image rescue software using which you can recover most of the deleted photos and video files or if the card will corrupt.
- read transfer speed upto 150 MB/s
- Free card reader to connect with USB port
- Free Data recovery software
- Not for all type of sdcard supported devices. Before buying, please check if your device supports these type of cards or not.
7. Patriot LX Series 200GB High-Speed Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-I :
Patriot LX series micro SDXC is a class 10, UHS-1 card with data transfer speed upto 90 MB/s and a capacity of 200 GB. This card is compatible with most of the devices. You can use it on your GoPro camera, any normal DSLR camera or even on your smartphone. 90 MB/s is not the best for taking ultra HD videos, but you can record videos upto 1440p resolution without losing any quality. This card is best for outdoor adventure use, it is temperature proof, shock proof, waterproof and x-ray proof. Overall, this is a great UHS-1 class card for your smartphone or camera. Patriot also offers 2 years of warranty for this microSD.
- With speed up to 90 MB/s, it is compatible with most of your devices: smartphone or GoPro or any other DSLR.
- temperature proof, shockproof, waterproof and x-ray proof
- 2 Years warranty
- Some customers are having a problem with this microSD card like it is failing after using for a few days.
6. Sony 8GB Class 10 Micro SDHC R40 Memory Card :
Sony SR8UYA/TQMN Micro SDHC memory card can transfer data up to 40 MB/s. It has 8 GB or storage. Not much as compared to the other microSD cards we have reviewed, but it is available in 16 and 32 GB sizes. This card is waterproof and temperature proof. You can use it with micro SDHC compatible devices using its included SDHC adapter. You can download one file rescue software to use for recovering deleted or damaged image/video files.
- 40 MB/s data transfer speed
- Includes a Micro SDHC adapter.
- Free downloadable File rescue software
5. Samsung 64GB 80MB/s EVO Select Micro SDXC :
This card is compatible with any microSDXC compatible device. This card can deliver read speed up to 80 MB/s and writing speed up to 20 MB/s which is great for burst-mode photography and HD video recording. With this card, you will also get one SD adapter. With 64GB capacity, it can hold up to 5470 photos, 8 hours and 10 minutes of full HD videos or 15330 songs. ( These values may vary as different pictures/videos have different sizes). Also, it is waterproof ( can survive up to 24 hours in seawater), Temperature proof (from -13 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit ), X-ray proof and Magnetic Proof.
- Best for smartphones. 80 MB/s read and 20 MB/s writing speed.
- Comes with an SD adapter
- Waterproof, Temperature proof, X-ray proof and magnetic proof
- Writing speed is not as good as reading speed
4. Samsung 128GB up to 48MB/s EVO Class 10 Micro SDXC :
This UHS-1 enabled card features a reading speed of up to 48 MB/s which is great for your smartphone or camera, either you use it for taking HD videos or for storing photos and videos. You will also get one SD card adapter with this Samsung EVO microSD card package. SD Adapter is useful to connect microSD cards to other SD-enabled devices like laptops and printers. This card is compatible with most of the smartphones and tablets. But please check your smartphone/tablet either it support class 10 UHS-1 cards or not. Additionally, this card is waterproof, temperature proof, magnet proof and x-ray proof.
- Up to 48 MB/s reading speed
- Comes with an SD card adapter
- Waterproof, temperature proof, magnet proof and x-ray proof
3. SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card :
This microSD card is useful for taking full HD or 4K videos with your DSLR or GoPro camera. It is also compatible with high-end Android smartphones and tablets. This card has a read speed of up to 90 MB/s and writing speed up to 60 MB/s. With a video speed class rating 30 (v30) and UHS speed class rating 3 (U3), this card can transfer 4K Ultra HD and Full HD videos at even most faster rate. This card is suitable for using in outdoor adventures or weekend trips as it is waterproof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and shockproof. With this card, you will get an offer to download RescuePRO Deluxe Software that can recover deleted files.
- V30, U3 card with reading speed up to 90 MB/s and writing speed up to 60 MB/s
- Waterproof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and shockproof
- RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software download offer
- Doesn’t work properly with GoPro Hero 5
2. Samsung 128GB 95MB/s PRO Select Micro SDXC :
Samsung 128GB PRO select micro SDXC is a UHS-1 speed class 3 (U3) card that can deliver up to 95MB/s read speed and a write speed up to 90 MB/s. This card is best for taking action photography, 4K videos or continuous burst-mode photos. The card high speed is also great for file transfer to move heavy files in a matter of seconds. Compatible with any microSDXC device, this card can be used with any device including smartphone, camera and camcorders. 128 GB size is enough to store a lot of files for your smartphone or camera. This card is waterproof, Temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof. You will also get one SD adapter that let you use this card with your laptop or desktop computer.
- Up to 95 MB/s read speed and 90 MB/s write speed.
- Waterproof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof.
- Included SD adapter
1. Samsung EVO+ 256GB UHS-I microSDXC U3 Memory Card :
Samsung EVO+ has an impressive 256 GB storage capacity and a blazing fast read write speed ( up to 90 MB/s write speed and 95 MB/s reading speed ). This card is ideal for Full HD video recording and high-resolution pictures. If you want to use it SDHC/SDXC slot, a microSD adapter is included. It can survive up to 72 hours in seawater, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof.
- 256 GB storage with 90 MB/s write and 95 MB/s reading speed
- Waterproof, temperature proof, x-ray proof and magnetic proof
- SD card adapter