What is a 3d Pen:
In simple words,using a 3d pen, you can create 3d arts. It uses plastic as ink. You will insert a plastic filament, it will be melted inside the pen and once that’s done, you can start writing on anything you want. In this article we are going to show you some best 3d pen currently available.
For whom you are looking a 3D Pen:
So, do you want to buy a 3D Pen for your kids, to gift someone or you want to buy it for yourself?
The 3D pen fits all of your needs. Don’t you think? What could be more fun than painting something on Air? Ok, you cannot erase what you draw but who thinks about that? Think about drawing a 3D sunglass, a 3D Eifel Tower or a 3D butterfly !! Best thing is that you don’t require any technical knowledge to learn how to operate a 3D Pen and also it is not as expensive as 3D Printers.
Guide for buying : Best 3d Pen to buy:
1. Ink Type: Previously all 3D pen uses a heating mechanism to melt plastic that can be used to draw 3D art. The main problem with this process is that the tip of the pen sometimes becomes hotter and so it is not safe for kids. But since September 2015 one more technology is introduced commonly known as “cool ink 3D Pen ” that uses molted plastics as ink. The 3D pen which is developed using this technology also has a UV light that is used to cool down the molten plastic which makes drawing in air much easier. So, if you are looking 3D pen for your kids, cool ink pen will be a better option.
2. Design: Always go for slimmer 3D pen first. Think about it, can you draw using a pencil which is 5 times than a normal one? 3D pens are bigger in size as compared to a normal pencil ( of course, it has some machines inside ), but how can one draw something without holding properly in hand !!!
3. Read reviews: Before buying anything, always read reviews about that product. Read all: Most helpful, Best and Worst. Note down all bad reviews submitted by more than one people.
4. Warranty and Accessories: Check for the warranty of the 3D pen you are going to buy. Also, check for other accessories with the package included. Do you want to buy filament ink next day after buying one 3D pen without any ink to test?
We have listed down 10 Best 3D Pen for 2017-2018. Hope you will find out the perfect one.
Name Weight Dimension
Scribbler 3D Printing Pen V3
6.4 ounces 4.0 x 2.0 x 6.0 inches
7Tech 3D Printing Pen
2.24 ounces 7.3 x 1.6 x 1.1 inches
AtmosFlare 3D Pen
9.6 ounces 6.2 x 1.0 x 1.6 inches
3Doodler Create 3D Pen
12.8 ounces 6.3 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches
HatchBox 3D Pen
11.2 ounces 7.7 x 1.2 x 2.7 inches
Glyby intelligent 3D Pen
8.8 ounces 8.6 x 6.6 x 2.5 inches
Soyan 3D Pen
9.6 ounces 6.9 x 0.8 x 0.7 inches
Kuman 100B 3D Pen
MYNT Professional 3D Pen
NexTech Intelligent 3D Pen
1.1 pounds 7.1 x 0.8 x 0.7 inches
1. Scribbler 3D Printing Pen V3 :
This Pen is mainly designed for kids but it is great for people for any ages and it is really one of the best Gift for anyone. It includes a large OLED Screen which shows details like temperature, type of the material used to draw etc.
– It is available in 8 different colors. Blue, Green, Purple, Red, White, Yellow, Blue Metallic, and Yellow metallic.
– One more advantage of this pen is that it is extremely light weight and very beginner friendly.
– Input is AC110-240V -0.6 A and output is DC 12V-2A.
– With this Scribbler 3D Printing Pen V3, you will get 3 different color plastic loops ( around 10 feet long ). But you can always use filaments of different colors ( diameter of the filament should be 1.75 mm ) . It is one of the best 3d pen to buy .
– Extremely light weight.
– It comes with a beautiful OLED Screen.
– You can use ABS, PLA, FLEXIBLE, WOODEN, BRONZE, COPPER plastic filaments with this 3D pen
Some users are facing filament jam.
2. 7 Tech 3D pen:
User-friendly and easy to use the 3D pen. Also, it operates more quietly as compared to other 3D pen and automatically goes to standby mode after 5 minutes.
– It is equipped with the more advanced thermal control mechanism and it can detect filament jamming automatically. You can also control the speed of the extrusion.
– It supports both PLA and ABS filaments (1.75 mm). Lightweight – only 65 Gram.
– Also, it has an advanced unclogging mechanisms technology that prevents jamming.[/su_note]
– Easy maintenance as it includes advanced unclogging mechanism.
– Supports both PLA and ABS filaments
– Best for all buyers
– Automatically moves to standby mode[/su_box]
3. AtmosFlare 3D Pen Set:
This pen uses cool ink technology. It is easier to clean and it is really a good choice if you are thinking about buying it for your kids.
– 3D ink is in liquid form and you will have to squeeze the ink cartridge to operate it. Red and Blue color comes with the Package.
– It has one Blue LED UV light near the tip. Be careful not to point this light to anyone’s eye for safety reason. This light is used to harden the liquid.
– So, if you want to paint on air, just turn the light on and start writing.
–Easy to use, Best for kids
– Good Battery life
Refilling will be little bit costly
4. 3Doodler Create:
Before going to write anything about this pen, take a look at the different 3D Art people have created using this pen on this site.
You can select from 65 different colored plastics with different materials like MATTE, GLOSSY, CLEAR, GLOW, FLEXY, and SPARKLE. Also, you will get different nozzle set with different sizes.
– This pen is available in five different colors.
– It supports ABS and PLA both material for filaments and you can set different heat levels.
– According to us, 3Doodler is currently best as compared to another 3D pen.
–Easy to use, Lots of different colors available
– Nice Community
– Usable Accessories
None So Far
5. HatchBox 3D:
HatchBox 3D pen supports PLA or ABS filament package. (1.75 mm) .
This pen is made up of plastic and nozzle is of ceramic.
– Also, it is much lighter which will help you to easily draw anything on air.
– With this package, you will get one power adapter, one sample filament package, manual and of course the 3D pen.
– If you are looking for an affordable pen, this will be your perfect choice.
– Supports both PLA and ABS filament
Package contains only one filament
6. Glyby 3D Printing Pen:
Glyby 3D Printing pen is one of the cheapest 3D pens currently available.
– The user can change the temperature of this pen manually.
– It also has standby mode functionality I.e. it moves to standby if keep for 5 minutes idle.
– The package also includes three 1.75 ABS filaments with different colors and one booklet.
– This pen is mainly designed for kids, but if you are looking for 3D Pen at a lower cost, then you can take a look into it.[/su_note]
– Great Design (kids will love this)
None So Far
7. Soyan 3D Pen:
This 3D Pen is suitable for any aged people. It heats up really fast. Also inserting the plastic filament is easy.
– Weight is only 12.8 ounces. Adjustable temperature and standby Function is also available.
– PLA plastic requires lower heat than ABS plastic.
– You can choose it from 3 Colors: Blue, Grey and Yellow.
–Can be used with different plastics
– StandBy Mode
8. Kuman 100B 3D Pen:
Nice 3D pen with an eye-catching design.It supports both ABS and PLA filament.
– It has one LCD screen that displays controls for temperature, speed and filament.
– You can also control extrusion speed and to prevent jamming, it uses one unclogging mechanism.
– Other features include temperature control, standby mode after 5 idle minutes.
– The pen nib can be heated up to 230 degrees, so better keep at a safety place after use.
– Controllable extrusion speed, temperature and standby mode
None So Far
9. MYNT 3D Professional 3D Pen:
It consists of an OLED display that lets you monitor the temperature of the 3D Pen.
– You can change temperature within range 130 to 240 degree that means both ABS and PLA plastic are supported.
– Also you can control the speed of the flow.
– One more thing, you can use it using USB power bank.
– OLED Display
– Controllable temperature and speed
– Can be used with USB
– Replaceable end
– Slim Design
10. NEXTECH Intelligent 3D Pen:
As claimed by the company, it is world’s first 3D Pen with smart temperature sensing and heating. Also, it’s tip can be kept at a lower temperature to avoid any accident. Move to sleep mode after 1 ideal time.You can use both PLA and ABS filament. Speed control is also available for NEXTECH Intelligent 3D Pen.
– Smart Control
– Auto Sleep mode
– Can be used for PLA and ABS
None So Far
So, these are the reviews on best 3d pen currently available in the market. If you have any question or anything else you want to add, please write to us.