Top 5 best electric knife: review and buying guide :
An electric knife will help you to prepare proper sized pieces of almost anything you want, whether it is a turkey or any other meat. Slice a bread, fish, hard cheese or chop any vegetables, you can use it on anything that you cut using a normal knife. The knife will do almost everything for you. Just adjust the knife angle and it will keep slicing however you want.
Normally electric knives come in two different variations: electric powered and battery powered. Electrically powered knives are more powerful than the others. But the main problem is the chord: everyone hates the chord when switches to the electric knifes first time. But you will get used to it after using for two-three days.
Now, let’s come to the main point : which one to buy ? There are a ton of different electric knife available , open any website and you will find hundreds of different products.To make this thing easier, I have compiled one list of top 5 best electric knifes available currently. You can go through the list and find the one that is most suited for you :
5. Black & Decker EK 700 Slice Right Electric Knife :
Black and Decker electric knife comes with two 9 inch stainless steel blades (effective length is 7 inches) . You can use this blade for cutting meats , fish, slicing breads or to cut foam for craft projects. You need to keep the operating trigger pressed while using the knife. If you release the switch, it will turn off . The power cord is of 60 inches long.
For removing the blades, one button is on top of the handle. One safety button is also available. Make sure to keep it unplugged and the safety lock is in the locked position before removing or inserting the blades. You can wash the blades in sudsy water or in the dishwasher.
1. Good for cutting meats, fish, foam, bread etc.
2. 60 inches power cord.
3. Safety button.
4. Easy to remove the blades. You can wash them in soapy water or in a dishwasher.
4. Hamilton Beach 74250 Carve ‘n Set Electric Knife with Case :
If you are looking for a knife on a budget, then Hamilton Beach 74250 is the one you can go for. Hamilton Beach Carve ‘n Set electric knife comes with one 15 by 5 by 2-7/8 inches plastic case and one two-pronged fork. The case will save a lot of space in the kitchen, and also most people don’t use the electric knife on daily basis, the case will keep it protected.
This is a 100-watt knife and you can use it to cut anything starting from bread to thick meat. Like any other electric knife, it comes with two sharp serrated blades. These are easy to clean. The fork is dishwasher safe and the blades can be hand washed in soapy water. The length of the blade is 7.5 inches.
1. Fork, knife and one plastic case.
2. Use it to slice anything starting bread to meat.
3. Easy to clean. You can use soapy water to clean the blades. The fork is dishwasher safe.
4. Blade length : 7.5 inches.
3. Rapala Heavy Duty Electric Fillet Knife :
This is a 110V heavy duty electric knife that can be used to cut meat,fish, bones or any other hard items easily like butter. Even filleting a huge fish like trout or salmon, you can have the full control. The blad size is 7-1/2″ and the length of the cord is 8 foot. The body is designed with advanced airflow structure that keeps the motor cool even on long time use. The blades are dishwater safe and the grip is designed for almost all hand sizes.
If you are looking for a knife to fillet, then you can go for this one.
1. 110V electric knife designed for fillet.
2. 7-1/2″ blades and 8-foot cord.
3. Advanced airflow design to keep the motor cool.
4. Blades are dishwater safe.
2. Proctor Silex 74311 Easy Slice Electric Knife :
Proctor Silex Electric Knife is best for everyday use. These are lightweight and you can use it to slice meat, fish or bread. The blades are not recommended to wash in a dishwasher but you can use hot soapy water: rinse and dry. It comes with one protective sleeve that you can keep on blades while not using. It is designed for both left and right-handed person, and the touch button is really smooth to turn it on/off.
1. Perfect for daily use. (use it with meat, bread or any other food items.)
2. Hand-contoured grip – designed for both left and right-handed person.
3. Touch control button.
4. Lightweight and stainless steel blades.
1. Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife :
Cuisinart’s electric knife comes with one powerful motor and the blades are made from stainless steel. Either you are left handed or right handed, its ergonomically designed handle will fit in your hand. The on-off button is one touch pressure activated button. You need to connect it with a power supply while using. CEK-40 comes with one wooden butcher block with two blade blocks and one handle block.
You will get two different blades with this electric knife: one carving blade and one bread blade. The carving blade is used to slice hard items like meats, fruits, vegetables, cheese etc. The bread blade is designed only for bread. For cleaning the blades, two blade release buttons are there on both sides of the handle. Press them both and pull out the blade. It also has one safety button. Keep it locked when the knife is not in use.
1. Ergonomic design and Stainless steel blades.
2. Wooden butcher block with separate blade blocks.
3. Two different blades. Easy to remove and change.
4. Safety button.
Buying guide for the electric knife :
We have reviewed few best electric knife above. You can go for any one of these but if you want to choose a different, we hope that the below guide will be helpful for you :
1. Type :
Two types of electric knives are available: electric powered and battery powered. The battery-powered knives are portable that you can even take it on outdoor trips. An electric knife should be kept attached to a power outlet but they are more powerful than the battery powered knives. Also, one more drawback of the battery knife is that you need to keep it charged time to time to increase the battery life.
2. Blades type :
Normally, the blades are made from stainless steel. Different types of blades are available to cut meat, fish or bread. Most of the products come with only one type of blade that is useful for everyday use. 7-8 inch length blades are good enough for almost all types of foods. Most knives also come with blade kits.
3. Washable :
You cannot wash the handle of an electric knife because all the electronic part is kept inside the handle. The blades are designed as removable and you can wash them in soapy water. But not all blades are compatible with a dishwasher so always check for this in the description.
4. Handle :
Comfortable grip helps you to control the knife. Look for a similar handle that you use daily. An electric knife comes with one control button on the handle. Check its position and also give the first preference for an ergonomic handle knife.
Important safety guides :
1. Electric knives are not for minors. Children should use it under supervision.
2. Keep the handle away from direct contact with water. Also, don’t use it in water.
3. If you are not using the knife or changing the blades, keep it disconnected from the power source.
4. Keep the cord away from the blades and from direct contact with any hot surface.
5. If it is a battery knife, don’t use any different charger than the provided one.